Newsletter sign up

Thursday 2 October 2014

My newsletter - and the landscape that inspired my epic fantasy

My first newsletter has officially been launched! To keep updated, just sign up below:

Sign up to Sam's monthly newsletter and receive a FREE copy of DEEP-SPIRE (PDF format). Newsletter subscribers will also get sneak previews of upcoming novels, behind the scenes 'extras', epic fantasy book reviews & recommendations, and podcasts from Sam!



____________________________________


Want to know what's in this month's newsletter? 


It’s been a hectic last couple of months. After a year in my beloved Rome (where I lived for many years in my twenties), I’m now back in New Zealand.

To be specific – I’m now living in the landscape that inspired the Central Omagen region of Palâdnith (the fantasy world of my current epic fantasy series). The real name of this region in Central Otago – the heartland of the province of Otago, located in the centre of New Zealand’s South Island.

Barrowthorne, Central Omagen – inspired by…

Bannockburn, Central Otago – a wild, rocky landscape surrounded by rugged mountains, turquoise lakes and rivers, and dry hills covered in wild thyme. Barrowthorne is the home of my three heroes: Seth, Eni and Val Falkyn. They leave the area in their early twenties, but the third book in the series, THE WELL OF SECRETS, brings them home.

It’s spring here at the moment. The hills are carpeted with fruit blossom and the air scented with pine and thyme. It’s often windy (today it’s blowing a gale) and the wide sky is constantly changing.

Want to know what Central Omagen really looks like? Here’s a picture (courtesy of Central Otago Tourism):


It really does look like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment