Newsletter sign up

Saturday 19 April 2014

It's done - THE WITCH OF ANGMAR is now finished!

It has been around a year in the writing - but my Lord of the Rings Fan Fiction series, THE WITCH OF ANGMAR, has now come to an end.

Like many Tolkien fans, I have read The Lord of the Rings numerous times – and each time, without fail, I turn that last page with a tinge of sadness. I never want to leave Middle Earth. As a writer of epic fantasy, I have created my own worlds – and I enjoy weaving stories within them – but my first love will always be Middle Earth. There is a grandeur to Tolkien’s world that few have been able to match, a detailed history that makes us believe that it actually existed. I like to think it did.

 This is my first attempt at fan fiction, and one I embarked upon so that I could go back to Middle Earth and take a long holiday there. I had great fun writing The Witch of Angmar, and have tried to be as true to Tolkien’s world as possible – while throwing in a few elements of my own.
Here’s what it’s about:
Over two hundred and twenty years since the destruction of Sauron, and the beginning of the ‘long reign of peace’, evil stirs in Middle Earth once more.
Our tale begins in the Shire and with the celebrations of the one-hundred year anniversary of the passing of the last members of the Fellowship into the West. Rose Fairbairn and Pericles Took – descendants of Samwise Gamgee and Pippin Took – learn that their bloodline could mean their deaths. The sister of the Witch-King of Angmar has awoken from a three thousand year sleep from her cold tomb deep in the Mountains of Angmar. Aided by the goblins of Moria, Morwyn of Angmar rebuilds the fortress of Carn Dûm, and plans her revenge on those who slew her brother.

Follow Rose and Peri’s adventures as they travel north with a female ranger, Salrean, into the lost Realm of Arnor. During their journey they will discover the truth about the new threat to the people of Middle Earth – before they must travel north to face the Witch of Angmar herself.
If you know anyone who loves The Lord of the Rings, and might enjoy this tale, please feel free to share. It's my gift to all the Tolkien fans out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment